Azure Medical has expert GP’s to help you with Women’s Health issues.
Stress bladder incontinence is a very common condition, especially in women who have had pregnancies. Laser treatment for Stress Incontinence is a special interest of several of our female GP’s at Azure Medical.
Azure Medical’s team of experienced doctors and nurses will work closely with you to ensure you receive the right care and advice for incontinence. We will put you on the path to getting your bladder control back as quickly as possible.
There are many incontinence treatment plans available – our staff are familiar with finding the right one for each individual situation.
Bladder leakage is common, frustrating and upsetting. At Azure Medical Cottesloe, we understand how prolapsed bladder problems can affect your quality of life. Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) is a medical term used to explain the leakage of urine, such as with coughing, sneezing, laughing or exercise.
Stress Incontinence happens when there is a loss of support to the bladder and urethra, often caused by lax or damaged pelvic floor structures. This affects the function of the sphincter at the base of the bladder, so that when put under pressure by straining, coughing, sneezing, laughter, etc. urine can be squeezed out, resulting in unpleasant experiences or the need to wear pads or protection.
Risk factors for Stress Urinary Incontinence are pregnancies (both with vaginal and Caesarian deliveries), menopause and the peri-menopause.
How We Treat Urinary Incontinence.
Treatment for urinary incontinence will depend on the type and severity severity of the condition you’re experiencing. Treatments range from:
– Pelvic floor or bladder pain control exercises
– Medicine and prescriptions
– Surgical options
– Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation – Recently a new treatment option has become available: laser treatment for stress incontinence, vaginal laxity, menopausal vaginal rejuvenation and even laser treatment for vaginal prolapse. This can often remove or postpone the need for medication or surgery. Read more here.
Call us to make an appointment
To book a completely non-obligation appointment here at Azure Medical in Cottesloe, call us today on 08 9286 9900 or fill out the form below and one of our friendly staff will get back to you straight away.
Get our FREE ebook
By Dr Richard Newton
In Conditions Your GP Can Treat With Laser, Dr Richard Newton explains the most popular medical laser treatments. Download your free copy today.
Other Laser & Cosmetic Services
We manage your family's medical care from Paediatrics to Geriatrics. From skin health to nutrition.
And from mental health to sports medicine.
- From fungal nails and wart removal to a full skin rejuvenation treatment, using safe laser technology.
- Reliable, safe and extremely accurate laser technology (instead of IPL) supervised by your team of Family GPs.
- Laser technology allows our GPs to help you with incontinence after childbirth.
- Find out more about the Omnilux Light Therapy and other laser acne treatments available at your GP.
- A range of cosmetic and skin treatments. Rejuvenation, wrinkle relaxers, Hydrafacial, Jan Marini skin products.
- Stress Incontinence after childbirth or vaginal prolapse can be treated with laser technology.
Find us in Peppermint Grove.
(08) 9286 9900
460 Stirling Hwy, Peppermint Grove, WA 6011
Our practice opening hours:
8 am - 6 pm
8 am - 7 pm
9 am -12 pm
10am - 1pm