Traditional acne treatments can take a long time to work, can be inconvenient and sometimes cause side effects. At Azure Medical Cottesloe we have many other more effective acne treatments available. These include laser acne treatments, MDerma micro-needling and Omnilux light therapy.
Active acne laser treatment:
- For active acne, 3 – 6 sessions are needed, about 1 week apart.
- The laser heats and destroys overactive sebaceous glands. There is no peeling and minimal redness or side effects.
- Cost per session is usually $125, with $38 back from Medicare.
Laser scarring treatment:
- We use the Erbium laser to resurface the skin.
- Strong local anaesthetic is applied before treatment to minimise discomfort.
- You will have some peeling after treatment, but downtime is minimal – you can normally return to work or usual activities the next day.
- 3-6 treatments are needed at intervals of around 4-6 weeks.
- For severe acne scarring, we bulk-bill laser acne scarring treatment (if you have a Medicare card). You will need to come in for a doctor consult first, to check that you are suitable.
Book an appointment or call 9286 9900 to discuss acne treatments today – we love to help people get the skin they want!