Laser Acne Treatments.
Traditional acne treatments can take a long time to work, can be inconvenient and sometimes cause side effects.
At Azure Medical Cottesloe we have many other more effective acne treatments available.
These include laser acne treatments, MDerma micro-needling and Omnilux light therapy.
Active acne: laser acne treatments:
– For active acne, 3 – 6 sessions are needed, about 1 week apart.
– The laser heats and destroys overactive sebaceous glands. There is no peeling and minimal redness or side effects.
– Cost per session is usually $125, with $38 back from Medicare.
Laser acne treatments are only one option and we will be happy to discuss the right therapy for your personal condition.
Laser scarring treatment:
– We use the Erbium laser to resurface the skin.
– Strong local anaesthetic is applied before treatment to minimise discomfort.
– You will have some peeling after treatment, but downtime is minimal – you can normally return to work or usual activities the next day.
– 3-6 treatments are needed at intervals of around 4-6 weeks.
– For severe acne scarring, we bulk-bill laser acne scarring treatment (if you have a Medicare card). You will need to come in for a doctor consult first, to check that you are suitable.
Call us to make an appointment
To book a completely non-obligation appointment here at Azure Medical in Cottesloe, call us today on 08 9286 9900 or fill out the form below and one of our friendly staff will get back to you straight away.
Get our FREE ebook
By Dr Richard Newton
In Conditions Your GP Can Treat With Laser, Dr Richard Newton explains the most popular medical laser treatments. Download your free copy today.
Other Laser & Cosmetic Services
We manage your family's medical care from Paediatrics to Geriatrics. From skin health to nutrition.
And from mental health to sports medicine.
- From fungal nails and wart removal to a full skin rejuvenation treatment, using safe laser technology.
- Reliable, safe and extremely accurate laser technology (instead of IPL) supervised by your team of Family GPs.
- Laser technology allows our GPs to help you with incontinence after childbirth.
- Find out more about the Omnilux Light Therapy and other laser acne treatments available at your GP.
- A range of cosmetic and skin treatments. Rejuvenation, wrinkle relaxers, Hydrafacial, Jan Marini skin products.
- Stress Incontinence after childbirth or vaginal prolapse can be treated with laser technology.
Find us in Peppermint Grove.
(08) 9286 9900
460 Stirling Hwy, Peppermint Grove, WA 6011
Our practice opening hours:
8 am - 6 pm
8 am - 7 pm
9 am -12 pm
10am - 1pm