Too many men suffer in silence when it comes to their health and wellbeing. It is very common for men to feel indestructible and ‘stick their heads in the sand’, telling themselves they’re too busy to worry about any health concerns. As a result, problems get missed.
The doctors at Azure Medical understand the barriers men face and provide an accepting, comfortable environment to help men of all ages to talk openly. Men are encouraged to get preventative health checks done to ensure any potential issues are addressed (and not swept under that old carpet in the shed).
Common men’s health issues include:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Increased risk of heart disease (particularly in recent years, with high-profile celebrity cases coming to light. Cardio-vascular metabolic risks are far greater for males than females).
- Risk of heart attack and stroke
- Fatty liver disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Skin cancer and sun damage
- Poor sleep and snoring
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Risk of prostate and colon cancer
- Low libido, reproductive help and sexual problems such as erectile dysfunction.
Many of these issues can be solved or eased by taking a history, ordering the right investigations and providing effective treatment.
Make your appointment (Free health check for men over 45*)
Appointments at Azure Medical can take place in-person or via telephone/video. If you prefer a telephone or video consult, you may need to have had a face-to-face consult with a GP at Azure Medical in the last 12 months to receive the Medicare rebate. Please call the clinic for any questions around your Medicare eligibility.
While men of all ages need to be proactive about their health, this is particularly true for older men who are at greater risk of developing health concerns. Did you know that men over 45 are entitled to a free health check? * Contact the clinic to find out if you qualify.