Choose to be on the safe side when you prepare your exotic trip.
Without travel vaccines your trip could become a nightmare so it’s better to be safe than sorry.
If you have any pre-existing or chronic health problems, it’s wise to have a health check-up and a chat about travel vaccines at least 6 weeks before your departure. As your GP we will then make sure your conditions are stable. Another aspect of this check-up would be a conversation and a plan for managing your condition while you are on the move.
Travel vaccines are only one aspect of your travel health
If you have to carry prescribed medication with you on the trip, then we will write a letter with the full details of that medication, avoiding any inconveniences when you pass through customs in the country you’re visiting.
So which travel vaccines do I need?
For certain countries we will check if you are up to date with your Hepatitis A and Typhoid travel vaccines. A good indicator is when the general travel advice for your destination recommends you to drink bottled water only.
If you’re traveling to an area where Rabies exists and where you are at risk of being exposed to animals, then it’s wise to consider a pre-exposure Rabies vaccine. Your Rabies vaccine, just like the Hepatitis B vaccine, require you to take action well in advance of your departure date.
Call Azure Medical
To book an appointment here at Azure Medical in Cottesloe, call us today on 08 9286 9900 and one of our friendly staff will be delighted to assist you.
Book an Appointment
To book a GP appointment,
please click below.
We manage your family's medical care from Paediatrics to Geriatrics. From skin health to nutrition.
And from mental health to sports medicine.
- We're there for your whole family: helping your children, and specialising in women's and men's health.
- Our dietician helps with nutrition, also when you're pregnant. The team's psychologist looks after your mental health.
- We manage your family’s medical care from Paediatrics to Geriatrics. From skin health to nutrition.
- Laser & light treatments to treat warts, fungal nails, acne, rosacea or stress incontinence.
- We scan your bone density to measure fitness, condition and health risks.
- We administer child immunisations, flu and other vaccines, and customised travel vaccines for your whole family.
Find us in Peppermint Grove.
(08) 9286 9900
460 Stirling Hwy, Peppermint Grove, WA 6011
Our practice opening hours:
8 am - 6 pm
8 am - 7 pm
9 am -12 pm
10am - 1pm