What vaccines do I need?
Or why vaccines still matter. And how you can be sure they’re safe.
Viruses and bacteria can still cause illness and death.
We may live in a different environment compared to our grandparents, but that doesn’t mean that the viruses and bacteria that could cause disease and even death, have disappeared. They can be passed on to anyone who is not protected by a vaccine. In this day and age we travel across the globe in no time, and that’s exactly the time it takes for a bacteria or a virus to move from one place to another
What vaccines do I need in WA?
In Western Australia, vaccines are used to prevent the following diseases:
Cholera, Diphtheria, Haemophilus Influenzae type b, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Human Papillomavirus, Influenza, Measles, Meningococcal, Mumps, Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Pneumonia, Polio, Rotavirus (Gastroenteritis), Rubella (German Measles), Q Fever, Rabies, Tetanus, Tuberculosis, Typhoid and Varicella (Chickenpox).
International guidelines for vaccination
You may not only wonder “What Vaccines do I need?”…but also question the safety of vaccines. Well, vaccines are among the intensely monitored medicines. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has listed reliable websites across the world, providing information on vaccine safety.
You can visit Vaccine Safety Net or the Australian Government website for more details on the safety of the products that are used as vaccines. Your family GP will assist you to make sure your own and your family’s vaccinations are up to date.
Call Azure Medical
To book an appointment here at Azure Medical in Cottesloe, call us today on 08 9286 9900 and one of our friendly staff will be delighted to assist you.
Book an Appointment
To book a GP appointment,
please click below.
We manage your family's medical care from Paediatrics to Geriatrics. From skin health to nutrition.
And from mental health to sports medicine.
- We're there for your whole family: helping your children, and specialising in women's and men's health.
- Our dietician helps with nutrition, also when you're pregnant. The team's psychologist looks after your mental health.
- We manage your family’s medical care from Paediatrics to Geriatrics. From skin health to nutrition.
- Laser & light treatments to treat warts, fungal nails, acne, rosacea or stress incontinence.
- We scan your bone density to measure fitness, condition and health risks.
- We administer child immunisations, flu and other vaccines, and customised travel vaccines for your whole family.
Find us in Peppermint Grove.
(08) 9286 9900
460 Stirling Hwy, Peppermint Grove, WA 6011
Our practice opening hours:
8 am - 6 pm
8 am - 7 pm
9 am -12 pm
10am - 1pm