Have you battled with your skin for years and become frustrated that your skin keeps breaking out? Do you have bad acne scars that you have to hide with makeup? At Azure Medical Cottesloe, we have the latest acne treatments available.
Our range of options includes Laser Acne treatments, MDerma micro-needling and Omnilux light therapy, Jan Marini Skin Research products and Hydrafacial hydrodermabrasion.
Laser Acne Treatment for Active Acne:
- For active acne, 3 – 6 treatment sessions are needed, minimum 1 week apart.
- The NdYAG Laser is used to deliver bursts of heat, to get rid of overactive sebaceous glands. This is a no-downtime treatment with no peeling and minimal redness.
Laser scarring treatment:
- We use the Erbium laser to resurface the skin.
- Highly effective and safe, minimum discomfort.
- Strong local anaesthetic is applied before treatment to minimise discomfort.
- You will have some peeling and redness for 4-5 days after treatment.
- 3-6 treatments are needed at intervals of around 4-6 weeks.
- For severe acne scarring, such as deep icepicks, Bulk-Billed laser acne scarring treatment may be available (if you have a Medicare card). You will need to come in for a doctor consult first, to check that you are suitable.