Laser Snoring Treatment | Nightlase
Discover how the Nightlase technology can help you with sleep apnea.
Laser snoring treatment with Fotona’s NightLase®, is a non-invasive, patient-friendly therapy for increasing the quality of your sleep.
As seen recently on Channel 7, our NightLase laser snoring treatment reduces the amplitude of snoring by means of a gentle, laser-induced tightening effect caused by the contraction of collagen in the oral mucosa tissue.
How does it work?
The laser does not touch the throat, but fires small bursts of light at the loose floppy tissues around the palate. This causes a controlled heating effect. Heat results in tightening of collagen fibres, the component of tissue that give strength and structure. Rejuvenation of collagen occurs and the tendency for the airway to collapse is reduced.
What to expect from Nightlase laser snoring treatment?
- 3 sessions are given, Day 1, Day 14 and Day 56 (0, 2 and 6 weeks).
- The effects can be longlasting, with a top-up treatment being needed anything up to 2 years after the initial course of three.
- There are NO SIDE EFFECTS, no drugs, anaesthesia or pain relief required.
- The throat feels hot as we give the treatment, but patients quickly get used to this and it’s not painful.
- You can return to your normal activities straight away.
- We recommend that you use a phone app called “Snorelab” to monitor your results.
Who is an ideal patient for Nightlase?
- You have a weight that is close to ideal (BMI 30 or less).
- You do not have severe nasal obstruction – you can breath through your nose at night.
- If you have severe sleep apnoea, the pro’s and con’s will need to be discussed at your individual, face-to-face consultation. Whilst Nightlase is primarily focussed at reduced snoring and giving a better night’s sleep, severe sleep apnoea may still require CPAP. However, we realise that many patients find it very hard to get on with CPAP, splints, etc.
How much does Nightlase laser snoring treatment cost?
- Currently $500 per session ($1500 for complete course).
- To check if private health insurance rebates are available, you will need to check with your insurer. In our experience, it is not usually covered.
The vast majority of our patients respond very well and report sleeping much better, with less disruption to them and their partners.
Laser snoring treatment has been very popular in the USA. Don’t suffer – call 92868899 to book in for a consult or send us an email if you want to learn if this treatment can help you!
Call us to make an appointment
To book a completely non-obligation appointment here at Azure Medical in Cottesloe, call us today on 08 9286 9900 or fill out the form below and one of our friendly staff will get back to you straight away.
Get our FREE ebook
By Dr Richard Newton
In Conditions Your GP Can Treat With Laser, Dr Richard Newton explains the most popular medical laser treatments. Download your free copy today.
Other Laser & Cosmetic Services
We manage your family's medical care from Paediatrics to Geriatrics. From skin health to nutrition.
And from mental health to sports medicine.
- From fungal nails and wart removal to a full skin rejuvenation treatment, using safe laser technology.
- Reliable, safe and extremely accurate laser technology (instead of IPL) supervised by your team of Family GPs.
- Laser technology allows our GPs to help you with incontinence after childbirth.
- Find out more about the Omnilux Light Therapy and other laser acne treatments available at your GP.
- A range of cosmetic and skin treatments. Rejuvenation, wrinkle relaxers, Hydrafacial, Jan Marini skin products.
- Stress Incontinence after childbirth or vaginal prolapse can be treated with laser technology.
Find us in Peppermint Grove.
(08) 9286 9900
460 Stirling Hwy, Peppermint Grove, WA 6011
Our practice opening hours:
8 am - 6 pm
8 am - 7 pm
9 am - 1 pm
9 am - 1 pm