Headaches. Excess sweating. Hay fever. No more.
How? Anti-wrinkle injections.
You’d be easily forgiven if you assumed that anti-wrinkle injections were just for the treatment of, well, wrinkles. Don’t be fooled by the name, these clever injectables come with a plethora of benefits, both cosmetic and medical.
Read on for all the benefits of anti-wrinkle injections (that you probably didn’t know about).
So what are anti-wrinkle injections anyway?
To soften wrinkles and fine lines, anti-wrinkle injections use special neurotoxins that block signals between your nerves and muscles, this prevents your muscles from contracting and is what stops wrinkles in their tracks. And while we do think of them mainly as skin smoothers or youth enhancers, their ‘relaxing’ properties actually come with a much bigger artillery of benefits, both cosmetic and medical.
For cosmetic reasons
The most common treatment areas for aesthetic reasons include:
- Lip and mouth areas for the fine lines that have been created by the pursing of the lips
- Forehead for the “worry” lines and “frown” lines between the eyebrows as well as the eye region to soften the “crows feet”.
Other areas anti-wrinkle injections can be used include:
- Forehead for a “brow lift” effect
- Mouth to treat ‘gummy’ smiles
- Chin to address dimpled or “peau de orange” skin
- Jawline to reduce large tense muscles that can give you a square jaw look.
- Neck to decrease the depth of the horizontal bands and the pulling vertical bands
- Nostrils to decrease flaring and width.
For medical reasons
While anti-wrinkle treatments are more well known for giving you younger looking skin. They actually come with a range of extremely helpful medical benefits.
Medical reasons for the use of these treatments include:
- Excessive sweating – most commonly treated areas are armpits, feet and hands
- Teeth grinding and pain from the temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Headaches and migraines
- Intractable hayfever (allergic rhinitis) – used topically rather than injected.
The longevity of effects
The effects of wrinkle relaxers generally last up to four months. However regular use can actually lead to the wasting of the treated muscles. This means it is possible to get more results for less! It is generally recommended at least a year of regular 3 to 4 monthly treatments. This will lead to less frequent, smaller doses for ongoing “maintenance”.
Aesthetically, I am a firm advocate of “prevention is better than cure” when it comes to wrinkles. If your resting face holds tension in the eyes or between the eyebrows, you are better off treating these areas before permanent lines develop. You will save more money investing in anti-wrinkle injections than expensive treatments trying to remove deeply etched lines in the long term.
We address your needs
At Azure, anti-wrinkle injections are performed by experienced doctors and nurses who have completed extensive required training in these procedures. We address your needs holistically, which means we take the time to consider your medical history, circumstances and all other available options to create a long-term action plan rather than a short-term fix.
With us you can feel secure knowing that as your treating medical practitioners, we are also better equipped to handle any complications that may possibly arise and can offer a high level of comfort and safety.
So if you’re looking to get anti-wrinkle injections for cosmetic reasons, medical reasons, or are exploring both options, give Azure Medical a call and organise a consultation with one of our doctors today.