Facial Skin Rejuvenation and Anti-Ageing Treatments Perth
Managing signs of skin aging and post-pregnancy skin concerns are some of the most popular enquiries we receive at Azure Medical Cottesloe. Today, with so much information about the effects of damaging sun, pollution, as well as diet, smoking and hormones, it’s easy to feel guilty about not showing your skin more love or protection over the years. The most common concerns that have the most dramatic aging effect on our skin are pigmentation, wrinkles, volume loss and sagging skin or loss of elasticity.
If you have a skin concern, blemish or would just like to know what our experienced doctors or skin therapists would recommend to rejuvenate your skin, please call (08) 9286 9900 or request a cosmetic appointment online.
What is Facial & Skin Rejuvenation?
Facial and skin rejuvenation are broad terms encompassing any process or treatment that improves the skin to make it feel better and look younger. The majority of facial rejuvenation or anti-ageing techniques focus on the loss of collagen and elastin, the tissues that give skin it’s strength and structure. We also have speciality treatments for Pigmentation, Rosacea and Acne.
At Azure Medical Cottesloe, we have one of the widest treatment portfolios available. This enables a personalised action plan to be drawn up, depending upon your concern, how much recovery period or social downtime you can tolerate and what your goals are. We even have a dietician on staff to ensure the gains we make in your skin are backed up with long term lifestyle maintenance.
Where to start with your concern?
It is easy to become overwhelmed by the amount of information available online. We are bombarded by every miracle cure, latest cream and must-have treatment. Because facial rejuvenation is such a wide term, there are many factors that impact on how your skin ages and your appearance. It is important that you don’t self-diagnose your skin concern online.
To take action, the best place to start is to book a free consultation with a doctor or dermal therapist at Azure Medical Cottesloe to discuss your concerns and develop a medical and scientific treatment plan based on your unique circumstances. Call our friendly team on (08) 9286 9900 or request a cosmetic appointment online.
Treatments Available At Azure Medical
Azure Medical has one of the most complete facial rejuvenation offerings available in Perth including the most advanced devices, medical skin care, dermal fillers or injectables and medical skin needling.
Below we have outlined four of the most common skin concerns and the treatments available in clinic.
- Wrinkle relaxers are injections given just under the skin using tiny needles. They partly block or weaken the underlying muscles, so that the muscles cannot cause the skin to crease. Wrinkle relaxers are easily given and very effective as long as the practitioner is skilled and experienced. Our Cosmetic Nurse, Ailsa Simpson, and our female Doctor, Christine Lee-Baw, both administer wrinkle relaxers at Azure Medical.
- Skin care products such as the Jan Marini Skin Care Management System are a mainstay. Find out more by talking to Ailsa or Maira.
- Omnilux Light Therapy powerfully rejuvenates the skin as the light stimulates deep healing. Blood flow increases, leading to greater tissue oxygenation and detoxification. Skin appears clearer with less fine lines, is plumped up and hydrated. 9 sessions are given, 20 minutes each time, over 3-4 weeks with no downtime or side effects.
- MDerma Skin Needling treatment uses a tiny set of needles that penetrate through the skin, producing micro-channels and stimulating the production of collagen. The treatment is similar to laser treatment and has a very rapid recovery time. We use special anaesthetic cream so that it’s very comfortable. Appointments to discuss MDerma are free with Maira or Ailsa.
Loss of volume treatments
- Fillers are injections of an inert substance that replaces volume that has been lost, or can boost volume to enhance your natural beauty. Common sites for fillers include the lips, cheeks and nasolabial folds. They are very safe if top quality products are used, and are given by a skilled practitioner, such as our Cosmetic Nurse Ailsa or our female Doctor Christine Lee-Baw.
- Sculptra is an injectable treatment a little similar to Fillers. It works subtly and gradually over time for a more youthful-looking appearance. Sculptra helps stimulate your skin’s own natural collagen production to help restore its inner structure and increase facial volume that has been lost to ageing.
- Laser is a powerful tool that can have many beneficial anti-ageing effects. 4D Non-Surgical Face Lift uses 2 different types of laser within the same treatment to boost volume and restore saggy skin such as around the lips and jowls. Laser 4D is a low or even no downtime treatment. If more intensive skin resurfacing is required to regenerate aged skin as well as manage loss of volume, Laser Twinlight Rejuvenation is a great option. Find out more by coming to see one of our Laser Doctors here at Azure Medical.
Skin tightening treatments
- Collagen stimulation and rejuvenation is the mainstay of treatment for loss of elasticity. This is best achieved by using treatments that cause small areas of trauma in the skin, stimulating healing, or treatments that use controlled heating to contract collagen.
- MDerma Skin Needling treatment can be used to improve skin elasticity. Usually three treatments are given one month apart. We offer a complimentary consultation with Maira or Ailsa.
- Laser rejuvenation is a great option, such as our unique Twinlight treatment. This is a comprehensive four-step treatment performed after the application of an anaesthetic cream, which very effectively addresses all elements of skin ageing. Downtime consists of a few days of redness, drying and then peeling of the skin. These days, laser is a much more sophisticated and safer tool than it used to be, and there is no need to be at all fearful of laser skin rejuvenation. Come in and have a chat with one of Laser Doctors to find out more.
Pigmentation removal treatment
- Pigmentation requires treatments that refresh the skin cells on the surface, and/or reduce the activity of the melanocytes (pigment cells).
- Jan Marini Illuminate Face Lotion is a great example of an easy to use cream that can give dramatic results.
- Peels such as Jan Marini Transform, are given by our skin experts Maira and Ailsa, and again give fantastic benefits with very little downtime.
- Laser Rejuvenation with Twinlight lifts off damaged surface layers of the skin, revealing fresh new skin beneath. Downtime consists of a few days of redness, dryness and peeling, similar to a dose of sunburn. It’s very safe and we find our clients are delighted with the results.
What is the next step?
If you have a skin concern, it is important you take action. Book a complimentary consultation with one of our experienced doctors to find out the best treatments for your skin concerns. Call Azure Medical Cottesloe today on (08) 9286 9900 or request a cosmetic appointment online.
Other Laser & Cosmetic Services
We manage your family's medical care from Paediatrics to Geriatrics. From skin health to nutrition.
And from mental health to sports medicine.
- From fungal nails and wart removal to a full skin rejuvenation treatment, using safe laser technology.
- Reliable, safe and extremely accurate laser technology (instead of IPL) supervised by your team of Family GPs.
- Laser technology allows our GPs to help you with incontinence after childbirth.
- Find out more about the Omnilux Light Therapy and other laser acne treatments available at your GP.
- A range of cosmetic and skin treatments. Rejuvenation, wrinkle relaxers, Hydrafacial, Jan Marini skin products.
- Stress Incontinence after childbirth or vaginal prolapse can be treated with laser technology.
Find us in Peppermint Grove.
(08) 9286 9900
460 Stirling Hwy, Peppermint Grove, WA 6011
Our practice opening hours:
8 am - 6 pm
8 am - 7 pm
9 am - 1 pm
9 am - 1 pm